One major element of your Instagram is your Profile Bio! So many people are really missing this opportunity to make a good first impression when completing their profiles.
I'm a social media manager and one of the first things I do when when I get a new social media client is to update and optimize their profile. This is what a person looks at when they see your profile, so you need to grab their attention and make sure you are representing your brand in a positive and professional way. Here are some tips on how to make the most of your Instagram profile.
- Choose a profile picture of yourself - most people like to see a face and it personalizes your brand. If you are camera shy, your logo is fine too.
- Add keywords to the Name section as this is searchable and helps people find you or your profession when they are searching Instagram. If you are specific to an area, you can also add your location to your name. Remember, your name doesn't have to be the same as your username - why repeat things? For example my Username is @thehashtagassistant and my Name is : Amber | Social Media Manager | Calgary
- Next add your "Who, What and Why" in the Bio section. Who you are, what you do and why people should follow and/or contact you. In this section, you should also add a CTA (Call to Action) such as "Visit the link below to see my portfolio" or if you have a free offering, this is a great place to add it.
- Next add the Link to your website or Link Tree. A link tree is handy landing page that allows you to add multiple links in one place.
- Highlights are a great place to showcase your work by adding permanent stories for people to view at anytime on your profile. Some good things to add to your highlights are: Tips, Portfolio, Services, Promos, Before/Afters, Gallery, Testimonials, etc.
If you found any of these tips helpful, feel free to share and don't forget to follow me!
The Hashtag Assistant